Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey, June

My favorite month of the year, with obvious reason; cuz the second day of the month is my birthday.. and it happened last week. It's hard not to be cheesy about this, but I felt overwhelmed by happiness through the wishes I got via Facebook. I felt so happy for at least the first 5 hours of June 2. I just want to say, thank you guys so much.. I couldn't thank you each and everyone through facebook (cuz, it's just too many).

Ok.. So far, my holiday in Indonesia was pretty awesome; the food is great, the house still in Sunter, and the malls get bigger. Speaking about malls, I have 1 particular place (in a mall) that I really love: Social House. I just can't get enough of it. I don't know, call me tacky, but the environment and foods are great. Maybe I'm like a fish out of water or just simply outdated. O yeah, I also went to Sushi Tei 4 times on my first week here. It was a sushi-pandemonium. I ate millions of rolls and the result was predictable: I gained 10 pounds (5kg) in just 1 week. Insanity.

I also want to take this time to appreciate my first love of magazine, Rolling Stone. Why? because It's been almost a year since RS changed the format of the magazine; they changed the mag's size from the iconic big size into the regular glossy size (i called it a recession format). I haven't really been a fan for the last couple of years' issue, because they don't feature great photographs for the cover and also, they don't feature interesting people anymore, and instead, they feature the safe-bets (yes, I'm talking about you, Springsteen and Dylan). But for the 2 recent covers, Lady Gaga and the recently came-out, Adam Lambert, they are a different case.



Their covers are interesting and daring. Gaga graced the cover (issue 1080) nude with only plastic bubbles (by photog David LaChapelle) and Lambert, the 'Wild Idol' (or at least that's what the magazine claimed), graced the soon-to-be-out cover laid down on a rustic bed, all in black complete with black eye liners, glam rock outfits and hot accessory: a live snake. RS is trying to be edgy and bold again I think (take a look at their 90's and early 2000's covers, they're daring, edgy and iconic). To me these to covers are the sign that RS are getting their groove back. Don't stop, RS! surprise us with interesting and sexy and edgy covers! and remember this old-wise phrase: SEX SELLS.

Boy, was it long post or what. Have a great summer people!
(and O, In case you wondering: I referencing Beatles' "Hey Jude" for the title, just cause I don't have any great idea for it)

No comments: