Friday, June 6, 2008

Going Ga Ga For Balenciaga



Ok, today I wanna dedicate this post for my favorite designer of the moment, Balenciaga. The designer is a French man named Nicolas Ghesquière. I just love the constructed designs, the unique styles and somewhat quirky; but still artistic. I adore the metallic leggings and the shoes.. darn good shoes (even Kanye put the pics on his blog!). I really love fashions from Versace to Gucci, but Balenciaga inspires me the most. So here's a little information about the fashion house.

The House of Balenciaga is one of the most influential forces in fashion. Founded in 1919 by Cristóbal Balenciaga and established in Paris from 1936, it defined many of the greatest movements in fashion from the thirties to the sixties. The provocation of its design and vision, the mastery of techniques and cuts, and the constant innovation in fabrics are factors conducive to Balenciaga’s success.

In 1995, Nicolas Ghesquière joined Balenciaga. The talent of this young creator captured the attention of both the media and customers and largely contributed to his commercial success. While the brand’s identity is firmly anchored and evoked in its highly symbolic ready-to-wear collections, the leather goods and shoe ranges have also enjoyed phenomenal success worldwide. In June 2007, Balenciaga opened a directly-operated store in Milan, its third after Paris and New York. New openings are scheduled for early 2008 in London, Los Angeles and Cannes.


So.. that's it. I've been waiting to put my favorite designer's works to my blog so.. I fulfilled it now.
See ya soon! :D

> ps: HAPPY 1st B'DAY Baby Russell! :D

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

hahhaha si om,,,,russel tamba lucu aja